Why does it make me want to Vomit when I see a Chevy small block swap in a Buick?

B4, I can't argue with you that I should not let this bother me. But I have been a Buick fan for ALL my life. By dad worked at a Buick dealership when I was born. I have been seeing Chevys in Buicks for years FOR NO REASON what so ever, they just insist on it. The whole SBC thing has gotten WAY out of hand. At a show with over 4000 cars this last summer, there were NO Buick nailheads and one 455. BUT there were a bunch of Buicks with a SBC. I would say that at the very least 4000 of these cars had SBCs. Being you are into the late V6s (basicly the same as a SBC in looks, and tecnology) you can't understand. The Buick Nailhead was a very unique motor, nothing like it was ever made. It's character can only be challenged by the Iron Hemi or Flathead Ford. When you take a 231 out of a Regal (again basically a Monte Carlo) and install a Chevy it really isn't that much of a leap. But take a nailhead out of a '61 Invicta and stick in a 350/350 is down right SICK and I am sorry, but that is where I come from, not so much the Regal but that Invicta. <P>If it were not for the very few people who are as serious as me there would be NO Buicks or Buick powered cars, and I guess this would be fine with you but it isn't with me. <P>The Basic common sense in going to a forum on the net that matches your ideals is not too much to ask. <P>In some forums it is common to see vulgarity but that would never fit in here. Some may not feel that is a big deal, but IT WOULDN'T FIT IN HERE. I just don't get the misunderstanding, I really can't see why this is asking too much. <P>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.<BR>"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"<P><p>[This message has been edited by MARTINSR (edited 02-23-2001).]

Ranchero, I have to admit I must look like a total Loon being that this whole thing started with an '84 Regal that a guy wanted to swap out the V6 and install a SBC. The thing would have had a SBC STOCK if it had a V8 from the factory! <P>Yes I am sick, I just don't want to see another Chevy small block...EVER installed in a Buick, EVER.<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.<BR>"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"

martinsr - anyone who loves cars and especially buicks is not a total loon!<P>i love cars. and i like to see them on the road and used. and if that chevy engine (plentiful and cheap) is able to help some guy keep his car running and on the road; it is ok with me.<P>the politics and pickiness of aaca is not my idea of fun in the car hobby. driving and using old cars is. <P>i love hot rods with whatever type engine works. i love standard, stock, aaca national champions with the right windshield washer bottle. mainly, i like cars that work and people who maintain them.<P>ps - the chevy 305 in my caballero leaks oil. my oldsmobile and ford engines do not!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MARTINSR:<BR><B>Being you are into the late V6s (basicly the same as a SBC in looks, and tecnology) you can't understand.....When you take a 231 out of a Regal (again basically a Monte Carlo) </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If you really want to upset a Turbo Regal fan, tell them their V6 is basically the same as a SBC and that a Regal is the same as a Monte Carlo. wink.gif<P><B> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>If it were not for the very few people who are as serious as me there would be NO Buicks or Buick powered cars, and I guess this would be fine with you but it isn't with me.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Again, you're reading a little to far into things. I have already said I agree with the Buick car/Buick Motor thing. Even though I am into "late V6's", I understand were you are coming from. I just found an '83 T Type, but was disappointed to find the Turbo V6 had been pulled for a SBC. What a shame! frown.gif<P>I have done quite a bit to help preserve Buick cars (see my website), but you <I>assume</I> I am not "serious" because I would rather help the Regal/SBC owner than castize him. rolleyes.gif<P><B> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>The Basic common sense in going to a forum on the net that matches your ideals is not too much to ask.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Than politely refer them to the right place. No need to jump on them. Considering that GM put Chevy motors in Regals, than I belive he was in the right place. He did get the advice he wanted from some more helpful people than you. <P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Rich George - b4black@flash.net <BR><B>BEFORE BLACK Website</B> - <A HREF="http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge" TARGET=_blank>http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge</A>

B4, sorry about the comment, I didn't mean it to be a put down. I just wanted to show the difference from the nailhead to a 231. <P>I understand guys. You won't see me going nuts on this subject again. smile.gif <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.<BR>"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"

This is my reason why i dislike the chevy 350 small block.<P>they are a dime a dozen. they are just as excessable as milk and eggs now-a-days. Plus is see them in almost every car here. I like to see swaps done, specially the very creative swaps. like a 4.9L sts caddi motor in a 1989 buick lesabre t-type. You look in special interest paper. they are dirt cheap and plentyfull. its cheap mans horsepower if you ask me. In my mind its up there with Nos.<BR>more HP for your buck. but which motor can you get the HP you want or gain. If you think about "dropping" one in..think about it. Is it really want you want or what you can afford?<P>-Gabe<P>im 18........so what the hell do i know right? right!