Re:1932 Oldsmobile Frame

i am looking for a 1932 Oldsmobile frame in good condition.i have a 1932 Olds

convertilbe roadster frame thats very pitted and need a frame in better condition for a show quality restoration.please email me with any leads.thank you for your help.Brian Syrmachine@aol.com

32 parts are very scarce! Depending on how bad the frame is you could have a new one made, not that difficult but a little pricey. However, if it is just pits and you want a smooth finish there are a lot of products in the market that will fill in just fine. Takes a lot of work but the results are great. If you do find another '32 frame it is likely to be pitted as well. Be glad to e-mail you back with product info if you need. My last three restorations all had very pitted frames and all won AACA Grand National Awards and all were older that your '32! P.S. I am envious...a '32 Roadster!

Thanks oldscarnut for the post.What product do you recommend for deep frame pitting?I bought some "Metal to Metal" from eastwood co. made by evercoat.Is that stuff worthy of a aaca show car frame?I appreciate any input you or other members may have for me.Thanks, Brian

Not familiar with that product but two others are Metalfill or Allmetal. They are available in qt./gallon and you can even drill right thru it after. It is used by professional restorations shops and will certainly give you a top show quality finish. My guess is the Eastwood stuff is the same type of product and as long as you follow the instructions it should work fine.

Eastwood's 'Metal to Metal' has a very short working time after it is mixed. One of its features is that it is electro-conductive for filling pits prior to powder coating. Works very well when mixed in small quantities.