Chrysler G70 Buffalo wire wheel, spare wheel mount.

viv w

Hi Guys,

I have a 1926 Chrysler G70 basket case project that I want to start rebuilding soon. The remains came to me with original 20 inch buffalo type 4 wire wheels. These wheels are corrugated drive, have 64 spokes with 16 going to the front of the hub and 48 to the rear of the hub, they have a screw on type of centre locking cap. I am still looking for at least one but preferably 3 of these wheels.

I am also looking for the rear mounted spare wheel carrier for these type of wheel, mine is missing. Is there anyone out there with a model B70 or G70 fitted with these wheels, that can provide some photo's of this carrier please, so that I know what I am looking for. Perhaps even pictures of a rear mounted carrier on a Model E80 with the buffalo wheels would be helpful.

Many thanks

regards

Viv.

Ps, my centre lock caps are identical to the Franklin one shown but had different emblems in the centre. I have also seen Stutz caps exactly the same.

JUST AN UPDATE, I HAD A MESSAGE FROM A STUTZ OWNER, TO SAY THAT STUTZ USED THE SAME CARRIER AS THOSE FOR WOODEN WHEELS. THEY SIMPLY STRAPPED THE WIRE WHEEL ONTO THE EXISTING WOOD WHEEL TYPE CARRIER. SO MAYBE MY CHRYSLER WAS THE SAME AND MY SEARCH FOR A DIFFERENT CARRIER IS MISGUIDED.

I  STILL WANT WHEELS THO, AND WILL CONSIDER ANY 20 inch TYPE HC4 WHEELS. THE CORRECT NUMBER OF SPOKES WOULD BE NICE, BUT ANY HC4 WHEEL SHOULD HAVE THE SAME HUB/WHEEL CENTRE.

Buffalo 1.jpg

Buffalo 2.jpg

Buffalo 3.jpg

Buffalo 4.jpg

Buffalo type 4 centre lock nut 1.JPG

Buffalo type 4 centre lock nut 2.JPG

IMG_0088_3.JPG

Edited by viv w
update (see edit history)