Jack points on 1963 Buick Electra

Ptf72

Hello. Very entry level question but just want to be safe about this. Need to replace my starter and I will be using a 2 ton floor jack and jack stands. Just looking for some basic information on the safest lifting points on this vehicle. Never really lifted an X frame before and want to ensure I do it safely/correctly. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you

1963 Buick Electra 225 convertible 

I raise the front end of my 63 as follows:

- Floor jack under the front crossmember.   Jack it up until you can...

- Put jackstands (one on each side) under the frame where it flattens out.

- Lower the jack just until the car settles on the stands, then leave the jack in place.

- Tires/wheels laid under the front bumper.  It might be easier to scooch around underneath if you pull the driver's side wheel, but leave the other wheel on and use the spare.

Haven't been squashed yet. ;) 

So the black squares would be ideal for the stands? Behind front wheels there are two indents under doors that look like they are made for a jack/jack stand🤷🏻‍♂️ Not the case?FC963132-EB85-433C-B91D-D6978648EFBC.thumb.png.2e93a53fb31e89c97401ee7ae3e53b9e.png

Yep. black squares.  Don't use the rocker panels as jack points.  And by the crossmember, I mean the heavy frame member under the engine -- not the radiator support or some such.

When/if you pull the driver's wheel, don't forget that those are left-handed lug nuts. ;)