oil to lifters

Vernsmith

No oil to lifters. Have intake manifold and heads removed. and turning the engine over with battery I have oil being pumped through the filter.

But no oil flowing into the area of lifters and springs shouldn't there be? If so why not?

Hi Vern,
Yes there should be oil pumped to the lifters if they are hydraulic, none if they are solid lifters,  But I dont think you would get much oil  if any  on a Starter Crank .  As I have not read any previous history about the leadup to this situation its hard to say  what your problem may be.
Is this a new build? Has the motor been running?  Do the lifters rattle? Do you have oil pressure at the dash gauge?
You may have the oil filter pipes connected incorrectly or no pressure relief valve at the front of motor or  the  reducing valve at the back of the motor has been replaced with a solid plug in a earlier life by a previous owner.  As I say don't think you would get much oil if any at the lifters on a Starter Crank as its too slow and has to flow thru the reducing valve  as well as fill the filter.  
You may like to have a read of an earlier post on this forum under  V12 LINCOLNS  titled  V 12 LIFTERS by  Cokekid  April 11.  See   reply  by 38 Shortop on hydraulic lifters. 
Roy

Edited by 38ShortopConv. (see edit history)