Taillight to rear bumper bolts --'65

Hans3

Anyone know the size and spec length for the taillight assy to bumper bolts on a '65?  There are 4 per lamp assy, but I don't know if they're all the same length.  I had some spacers in the parts bag so I'm thinking these bolts are at least 1" long.  Thanks much

Each taillight takes 2 spacers. Each taillight takes 4 bolts to mount then. 2 shorter bolts & 2 longer ones (the spacers go on the longer bolts) 

I had to send my recently rechromed rear bumper back to get replated 🤦🏻‍♂️. So I can measure all hardware for u tomorrow.

Thanks--on mine they appear to be #12 sheetmetal screws, and as you said two long ones with spacers and two short ones.  But it's odd to use such fasteners with the bumper's captive (square) nuts.

I also had difficulty getting my rear bumper replated.  The sheer size of the bumper posed challenges for the plating shop in terms of chrome coverage.   I had hoped to get the areas around the taillights to have full (quality) chrome coverage, even though they didn't necessarily leave the factory this way.

Sorry…this is the best I can do. My cheap little measuring tool doesn't measure #12 pitch. My gauge goes from #11 then #13. No #12. Weird. U are probably right on them being #12’s cuz threads seem a little sloppy in the #11 & #13 slots. 

What I can tell u is that they are 1/4” x 2” & 1/4” x 1”…hope that helps. 

02E1CDF3-8569-45C3-AFB0-108391C4FAD5.thumb.jpeg.b0aac12e67807f394ca38ae6e47b26e5.jpeg