Standard Mirror Company Rear View Mirrors???

Karl Englund

I'm wondering if any of you out there know what these are, the only thing I can come up with is that they are for a early early early car, either brass backed or gold backed mirrors, made by Standard Mirror Company, NY... I have had them for 40 years, found them when I was 5 in a old house that we moved into nailed to a rafter and held on to them this long... I can't quite read the patent (needs cleaning) but I did look them up, and the patent is for the ball and swivel mechanics, not the mirrors.... Just wondering if anybody has a idea what this would be for??? Please help, as I would like to find out and get them to a person that is needing them for a restore, if they are even automobile related... thank you!!!

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

mirror3.jpg

mirror4.jpg

mirror5.jpg

They are an early accessory made for any car you wanted to put them into. The flat bracket would make it for a closed car where it would mount to the header above the windshield. I had a similar thing on a 24 Studebaker that was around 2’ wide with 4 mirrors and had fun trying to adjust it...

Sell it on eBay as a Model T Ford accessory rear view and someone who thinks it is a unique novelty accessory will buy and use it. I have no idea what it would sell for but as a comparison a really good original might be worth $25.00 so you might not be impressed with the money you get depending on your idea of it. That said, good luck with finding someone for it.