Motor-Oil Mixup

Ok I have synthetic motoroil in my 89.

Today in an emergency(suddenly the crt said low oil, and i checked and it indeed was very low for some reason) i had to put in 1 quart of regular 5W30 from a shell station that i luckily was across the st from.

will this cause any problems?

I , even with clearance concerns, and yes even after shearing one off, use the larger PL24011. For the money you can't buy a better filter. IMHO

what if the oils might have been a different weight? cuz to be honest my dad changed the oil and put in synthetic when he was still here...so now I dont know what kind of synthetic there was in there.

So you are an LA dude. Had frost here already.

The manual specifies;

5W-30 for temperatures -20 to over 100

10W30 for temperatures 0 to over 100

Being an LA car and likely with slightly higher miles and perhaps higher consumption I would be using 10W-30.

Check your oil and transmission levels regularly. Change every 3,000 to 5,000 miles for synthetic and 3,000 miles for regular oil.

Check your oil and transmission levels regularly.

I use a premium conventional 10W-30 (Valvoline at moment) in all of our modern cars. I change the oil and filter when I see a minor drop in the oil pressure hot (generally about 3,000 miles.

Used to use nothing but AC Oil filters (PF-47) but now that they are using Champ filters will probably switch when my current stock of originals runs out.

I change my own oil because it is on the slope, up on stands, change oil, and down in ten minutes rather than having to travel and wait for someone else to do it.