New Lock Cylinder

Callmeal

I Recently found myself unable to turn off my 89 Reatta. the lock cylinder was stuck in the on position so I went to the local Autozone and picked up a new on. However upon replacement, I still cant turn off the car, no matter what position the key is in. I have no idea what the problem is at this point any advice?

The ignition switch is located at the bottom of the steering column. It is actuated by a toothed rack that moves up and down when you turn the key. It's possible the rack has broken in your steering column. It is not uncommon for that to happen. This topic will explain what I'm talking about.

Ignition Switch Actuator Rack

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The ignition switch is located at the bottom of the steering column. It is actuated by a toothed rack that moves up and down when you turn the key. It's possible the rack has broken in your steering column. It is not uncommon for that to happen. This topic will explain what I'm talking about.

Ignition Switch Actuator Rack

makes sense I noted that it was a little loose, found myself wondering if that was just a reatta think since in my k10 i didnt have that problem when i did this.