Correct? Phaeton top...1931 Graham

Graham Man

This should be easy only two choices....but what was correct?  Just to make it interesting these are both Graham-Paige 28 and 29 if you get picky.  Just for fun I added the only original literature from the time period.

Top A.jpg

The "Z" cut

Top B.jpg

The "C" cut

Chevrolet Line up 1930.jpg

All the Chevrolet open cars have the "C" style cut …..if that makes any difference?  All makes on the internet are all over the place... not sure why

Edited by Graham Man
easier to understand (see edit history)

My '31 Pierce phaeton has the "C" and also has side curtains.  The rear curtains fit into a pocket made by the two layers of material for the back curtain, and snap in place.

I think it has more to do with how the second bow from the back is attached to the rear bow.  Note that the "Z" style top has a second bow attached very low on the rear irons, while the "C" style has the bow attached much higher on the irons.

Now, go back and look at all the Internet pictures with that thought in mind......

And then, when I attach the picture of my Pierce, I have to take that nice clean foot out of my mouth.  It has second bow attached low, but the C style top, which is absolutely original for the car......but not what I said above!!

IMG_5727.JPG