1918 Scripps Booth headlight bezel removal

AlfaTazio

As silly as it sounds, I am trying to remove the headlight bezels from a 1918 Scripps Booth Roadster, Model G.  There are no clips or screws or tensioning devices, but, there is a small button that one can press, as much as they like. Now, would the bezel rotate a bit and be released, or just slide one edge forward?  The bezels have been on a long, long time and may be corroded in place.  I am trying not to do any unnecessary damage to the buckets themselves.

These headlight buckets may be identical to some Chevy 490, but I don't really know.

This particular car is a true ex-Barney Pollard car, and Barney must have had a taste for yellow and green, as the body is yellow, and green is seemingly everywhere else, save the seats.  So, Barney must have added the headlight lenses I am trying to remove......MacBeth-Evans lens, here, take a look:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MacBeth-Evans-Pittsburg-Glass-Co-Green-Eyebrow-Automobile-Headlight-Len/222945468906?hash=item33e895e1ea:g:yhEAAOSwtuBa1rzy  

I have a great respect for Mr. Pollard, but not for his taste in antique headlight lenses....

If they are like the early Chevrolets, rotate the bezel counter clockwise to release then pull forward. Should only twist about 1 inch or less to release.

Ken

Thanks kbeach,  they do rotate a bit and then pull out.

I did have to use a older,  thin bladed knife from the kitchen to insert between the bezel and the bucket, working it around the circumference, and then could twist the bezel off, with the button depressed... of  course.  Hmm, my wife informed me later that the knife is called a *spreader*,  a flat knife with rounded end, not v. sharp....just don't get caught using one.....