1972 cutlass supreme paint

Hello! I have just purchased a 72 cutlass supreme convertible and was wondering if I could get some help in the paint department.

It is currently painted "Spring Green Metallic" and I was wondering if that was a stock color?

Is there a way to figure out what the original color was? Where could I find and see examples

of what colors were offered in 1972? Sorry if I seem to be asking stupid questions but I'm a

little green at this but am anxious to learn. Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer!

Well, I have always felt that the only stupid questions are the ones that are not asked.As for the paint. You should look on the body plate on the car and you will see a code that is next to the word paint or pnt. If you post that code I or someone will be able to help you as to the color that came on the car. As for the color that you have on there. I have a Ditzler paint chip book the goes to 72 and there is no "Spring Green Metallic" there is Radiant green poly, Pinehurst green poly and Sequoia green poly. I don't believe that G.M. used metallic until later. I also can e-mail you a copy of the sheet that covers the Oldsmobiles for that year if you would like to see what they offered. Let me know and good luck with the car.

Ron

Hello! Thank you for your kind offer of e-mailing me a copy of of the sheet for the oldsmobiles for 1972.

I am probably going to have it stripped and painted over the winter and would like to

put it to a stock color.

I don't pick up the car until the 25th of this month so when I get it I will post the

code. Thank you again for your help and I look forward to receiving your e-mail.

Kurt

brotheryang@mindspring.com