1/4 pounder???

Charlie B.

All things being subjective...25 years from now, Pulp Fiction will still be regarded as one of the finest and most innovative films of the last millenium. Look at the careers it kicked off: Uma Thurman, Samuel L. Jackson. Look at the careers it resurrected: John Travolta, Bruce Willis. Outstanding writing, directing, acting. The reverse storytelling sequence set the stage for such breakthrough films as Memento. It's on countless "Best 100 Ever" lists, including The New York Times. Just took a little more thought and involvement than watching a Doris Day-Rock Hudson movie.

(And yes, I know what they call a quarter-pounder in France: nothing. As the attendant at one of the MacDonald's in Paris told us, Europe is on the metric system and there is no quarter-pounder. They don't convert it to grams.)

Jerry

Pulp Fiction is a classic, no doubt. I bet you just object to the "Deliverance" scene, which was probably not necessary but it did provide what evil falls on those missing a soul. I do like movies where you have to pay attention. Momento was a challenge. I fall asleep during most the movies my wife wants to see. If the guy and girl fight at the beginning, 9 out of 10 times they fall in love by the end. Booring! It may be Sleepless in Seattle, but I'm asleep in my seat! Zzzzz!

Padge, you are a ton o' chuckles! Just think what you'd experience running Pearl Harbor backwards.... Stick with HUDs and fly-by-wire, and leave movie-making to those driven by the other side of the brain.

Jerry laugh.gif

Give those young whippersnappers hell, Sven! And by golly, Sands of Iwo Jima was a great movie, wasn't it?

Jerry

P.S. What's KK? Hopefully, not two parts of you-know-what?