wood trunk fit up

sligermachine

Shaping them up to fit good and tight .the old wood from what I see is bowed and all right to copy however each time I traced the old part I added a 1/8'' per side on purpose so when the hole new frame is getting body work done I can sand off hear and their to make the body lines look as true as possible which would not be possible if I Cut them to the nastss ass the first time. in this picture just a OZ.  of pressure is on the clamps so I can draw the real shape of the curve I will sand to the line being drawn and the line is only about 11'' long what did not fit like a glove from the first original part well after a 100 years anway -Kyle 

I have sanded off 1/2 of the pencil so it is just lead touching the truck shape .I made one off aircraft for 15 years I'm good at coping parts crop dusters that work for a living are gonna  touch the ground when they spend all day 6 feet off the deck at breakneck speeds  I know from experience 

I drew the side of the truck and set one part in the drawing and carried out the lines and set the next part down in the drawing and copied the lines up from the drawing I could have made it faster but i took over 45 pictures sowing how to move the cuts from trunk to the wood to print out as a book of how to for the wood kits had to use a shoehorn to get the frame once finished back in the skin and its all 1/8'' to tall all but one part so it can get sanded down ether side top or bottom to make it line up to my body lines perfect as i can . The rest of the day i'm going to fit up both doors and finish up inside frame cut the corners to mate up God willing I will be done this week while i'm on vacation from the machine shop  --Kyle all ban saw cuts 

20171220_134230_Film1[1].jpg

20171220_122403_Film1[1].jpg

20171220_114451_Film1[1].jpg

Lookin good Kyle...  

Unfortunately, I didn't even get into my shop today.  I had too many errands to run and had a new set of tires to buy for our trip to snow country later this week.

Keep up the excellent work and keep posting the "How-to" photos so others will not be so intimidated...

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)