4 Cylinder Chevy Roof speed equipment

hiwheeler

Wanted any information, photos, adverts, parts or accesories to suit ROOF or R&R Speed equipment to suit 4 cyl Chevrolet engines. Need info on 3 in one water pump, oil pump  magneto driveassembly that mounts on front of the engine.

Bandit Chaser was a name used by ROOF. Single OHC cylinder head or any other aftermarket head to suit 4 cylinder Chev engine from the 1920's era

I saw a 490 Chevy dirt track racer at Hershey many years ago.The owner told me that a 4 cylinder Oldsmobile head was used (2 port exhaust and larger valves).It also used alloy pistons from a Curtiss-Jenny aircraft and twin side draft Winfield carburetors.It had wire wheels,held a driver and mechanic,and apparently had a top speed of 90 MPH. I took photos of it but they haven't surfaced yet.

The latest issue of Secrets of Speed Society,published by Charlie Yapp of Ohio,has a short article and then later a photo of a race car with Chevy Roof equipment. Chariles email is cy4fn@outlook.com  Tell him I gave it to you,and could he email you shots of those pages. Good luck,George Albright,Ocala,Fla.  gnalbright@gmail.com   PS EVERYONE interested in Ford and Chevy speed equipment and info should join SOS!