entrance for show cars saturday

Frank Szymkowski

8 hours ago, topblissgt said:

Last time I took a car to show I obviously went the wrong way t enter the show field with the car. This year we want to enter via the correct location. I assume its down park blvd and around back to enter?

You are correct. If you are coming in on Hershey Park Drive you will turn onto Park Blvd. On Park Blvd there are usually an electronic sign or two and LOTS of people directing show cars. Once you come around back of the Giant Center there will be lanes for show cars that need to pickup their show car packet (if you did not get  yours earlier in the week) and lanes for show cars that already have their show car packet. The back of the packet envelope will be marked with the lane ("Right" or "Left") which you will get into to enter the show field. On Saturday morning they close North Hockersville Road and use both lanes of the road ("Right" and "Left") to get show cars onto the field. Right after you get your dash plaque you will be directed to the proper "Right" or "Left" lane which will get you to the show field.

After the show is over both exits for the show field can be used by cars leaving the show. At that point you may be directed/forced to turn left or right on North Hockersville Road to leave the show field depending on which of the two show field exits you are using. In any case you should be prepared. If you are able to turn left onto North Hockersville Road that will take you to the traffic light at Hershey Park Blvd. If you have to turn right you will have to follow North Hockersville Road to Old West Chocolate Avenue then find your way from there. The way traffic is routed after the show can change from one year to the next so be prepared.

Hope this Helps.

Charlie

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aestorrs said:

Hi-

If you turn right out of the show field (if you have to) go to your first right (@ stop sign) take that to your first light go left on Hershey park drive (you will pass a car wash place and some storage places.)

This will bring you to Hershey park Drive

Hope this will help you out

Al Storrs

Al, 

Thanks so much for your directions.  When North Hockersville Road ends it feeds you into Old West Chocolate Avenue. Like you said if you turn right at the stop sign onto Old West Chocolate Avenue it will eventually bring you back to Hershey Park Drive at the traffic light you mentioned. I am a little confused because you said to turn left at this light. If one if leaving Hershey or possibly going to a hotel I think that turning Left is what you would want to do. If you want to go back towards the Giant Center and the Trailer Parking Lot it looks like you want to turn Right onto Hershey Park Drive (from what I see on Google Earth).

Another way to go would be turn turn left at the stop sign where North Hockersville Road ends onto Old West Chocolate Avenue which will take to towards the Town of Hershey. When you get closer to Town, Old West Chocolate Avenue turns into Route 422 (aka Ben Franklin Highway). Soon after that you can turn Left onto Route 743 (aka Park Avenue) and follow that until you get back to Hershey Park Drive.  Either way will get you back to the Giant Center and the Trailer Parking Lot.

Personally, I have used both of these routes after the show to get back to my trailer. Both get the job done.

Charlie

• Like 1