oldschool.co.nz More NZ Shenanigans

Carsnz123

So some of you may be aware of this little country at the bottom of the planet where strange things like driving old cars happens. It's called New Zealand. Anyway I thought I'd share the existence of a growing car club where many motorized shenanigans occur called Oldschool https://oldschool.co.nz/ . 

The club is based on the internet mainly around pre 1989 vehicles of any shape, size, and origin. It's pretty informal, usually a cruise is done off-the-cuff by whoever turns up on the day. Monthly meets are organised around the country which are usually meet at a car park and stand around talking. Or grab a bite to eat somewhere. 4 major events are organised each year which include: a national meet up in  a different part of the country each year, OS Drag day at Mere mere dragway, Wagnats which is a weekend camping in wagons, And the Hanmer Springs meet which has just been. All in all we're a pretty laid back group who enjoy working on our cars, cruising, and spinning a good yarn. Making it to the destination is optional.

A quick rundown on the Hanmer meet.

- Travel from all across the country and meet up at Hanmer Spinrgs on Friday avo    

- Stand around drinking, taking, partying till the early hours of Saturday

- catch a few hours sleep

- go cruising, mini golf, mountain biking, sight seeing, whatever takes your fancy 

- meet up for lunch

- go to hot pools for afternoon 

- more partying in evening

- pack up Sunday and drive home 

This year was my first time attending and I decided to take my dad's 1980 Toyota crown coupe. It had no WOF, rego, or cert for the more powerful engine so I had to do a bit of work on it. It failed a WOF on chips in the windscreen the day I was going to drive to Hanmer so I had to get a glazier to fit the windscreen from the parts car into the coupe. All at short notice and last minute. Due to this I missed the main convoy from Christchurch to Hanmer but rolled up about 5 hours later. It was a great weekend and I put a few faces to names. On the way home a group of us went for a look around a paddock of rusty cars being sold off. 

5jbr2FX.jpg

je52cMf.jpg

Q9IYN4k.jpg

aL3IpMn.jpg?1

20170826_121452.thumb.jpg.c6129b41ec29b2

IMG_3693.JPG.88d7bb85de7f28b92f560ea5e6c

IMG_5755.JPG.42408889447b1620d770d9f6b24

adbarvjj.es2.jpg

wrc2pa3d.c2a.jpg

olam4cd3.0z1.jpg

dlt4y4lm.gr0.jpg

Edited by Carsnz123 (see edit history)