33 Rockne Wire Wheels - chromed or painted ?

are 33 Rockne wire wheels chromed or painted from factory?

A friend told me, he found a trace of chrome on old Rockne wire wheels,

all pictures I can find in web shows they are painted. But maybe since the chrome is gone away?

If painted, what color?

My wheels are painted too, but have a chrome trim ring on it.

Thank you

Joe

Foto Kopie 17.jpg

Edited by Rockne33DLXRoadster (see edit history)

I  THINK  IT  WAS  ME  TELLING  YOU  ABOUT  CHROME  WHEELS.    I  HAVE  A  VERY  EARLY  32  DELUXE  SEDAN  THAT  HAD  THE  WHEELS  TOTALLY  CHROMED.    IAM  SURE  THAT  WAS  STOPPED  SHORTLY  AFTER.    WHEELS  WERE  PAINTED  WITH  CHROME  BEAUTY  RINGS  IF  DELUXE.      DB. 

3 hours ago, DAVID BABCOCK said:

I  THINK  IT  WAS  ME  TELLING  YOU  ABOUT  CHROME  WHEELS.    I  HAVE  A  VERY  EARLY  32  DELUXE  SEDAN  THAT  HAD  THE  WHEELS  TOTALLY  CHROMED.    IAM  SURE  THAT  WAS  STOPPED  SHORTLY  AFTER.    WHEELS  WERE  PAINTED  WITH  CHROME  BEAUTY  RINGS  IF  DELUXE.      DB. 

Yes David, it was you ;-)

Edited by Rockne33DLXRoadster (see edit history)

Painted wire wheels were standard on the Rockne. Chromed wires were a factory option at a cost of $30 on the Deluxe models and $25 on the Standard.

However, as I've noted in the past, your Rockne was shipped TKD (totally knocked down) to the Netherlands and many of the little details would not be as equipped in the U.S.

I would think the sales literature for the European market, if any such was printed, might identify those differences. Now wouldn't that be a rare item? :)

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)
  • Like 1