Staying logged in on two devics

I have been accessing the forums by using bookmarks on both my laptop and my smartphone. My bookmarks are to unread threads which requires me to be logged in, otherwise I get a message saying I am not authorized to view the stream. In both the laptop and smartphone cases, I have my cookie management set to keep the cookies from the AACA forum website (I have some tools that clear cookies and other history from my browsers).

Until the last few days this has worked as I expect. But in the last day or so I have found that my login is now on a per browser/computer basis: If I login on my laptop then the next time I try to access the site on my phone it says I am not logged in. If I log in on my phone, then the next access on my laptop says I'm not logged in.

As I've done not system or browser updates on either device between when this worked for me and now, I strongly suspect it is due to a change in cookie management on this forum's software.

Any chance this can be reverted to the previous behavior? It is pretty annoying to have to log in each time I switch devices.