39 frame serial location

Jerry43

hi guys, had asked this before and got good answere, new glitch, I have a 39 Roadmaster, the books say serial should be on plate next to starter on top of frame, negative, holes are there but nothing has been them, there is the Buick logo vin tag on the side of the frame a little further back, looks like it's been there since 39. I see the book also says the 38 had the vin on the side where this one is, anyone else had this experience. Is this possibly an early 39 or late 38 production. I know back then production lines were a little different. I hav some experience as I worked on the Ford assembly line in Mahwah during the early sixties.

On 1939 Buick series 40 Special & series 60 Century near the starter motor is where the chassis serial number is

For series 80 Roadmaster & series 90 Limited unsure if the same location was used.

If there is evidence of rivets it may have been moved

What is the number?

VIN's are know them today did not start until the mid 1950's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number

The other thread on this topic http://forums.aaca.org/topic/286004-frame-vin-for-39-buick/#comment-1547143

And we like photos of pre War Buicks :)

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Thanks for the come back. There are holes in the frame but don't have any marks on the metal ,nothing was ever in the holes and no scrapes or pry marks around like it was moved. The plate on the side looks to have been on there since assembly. The number is correct to the number stamped on the top of the rear frame arch by the back right rear tire. The number is  13518630. I was curious if anyone else had ever seen this before.

IMG_0741.JPG