1924/25 cowl moulding

25 Buick

I've got a 1924 cowl  and a 1925 master 6 car. I've noticed that the cowl just above the dash is flat sheetmetal nailed to the timber that curves over top of the dash. But on many cars including a 1927 cowl I have seem to have a double rolled sheetmetal along that curve above the dash. 

My my question is should there be another peice here for the 24 and 25 cars as surely they wouldn't leave the nails and half the timber exposed 

25 Buick

Dashes  were done in different ways depending on the year and Model.   They were often done differently in Aust depending on who was making the body.   The 25 Master dash U.S,   was all metal, usually covered in vinyl on the 55,s  and the top curved cowl was pressed metal. ( such as the red one ).   24 often had wood under the cowl with the metal wrapping around.  the metal was nailed to the wood and the nails covered by upholstery moulding,  such as the blue dash.  This is a 24-45   with a painted dash and no clock.  The red 24 with a black painted dash is also done this way.  McLaughlan  and some Aust bodies had wooden dashes  such as this 23.  I think this is Unimogjohn,s  23.  Photo 7 shows a 23 with upholstery and studs covering the nails.  The last photo is a very original 24 with pressed metal cowl and vinyl / leather dash.

DSCF1628.jpg

25%20%2006.jpg

!B9bIHq!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKpIEy+jC0SuoBM5u3Mh5mQ~~_3.jpg

26_Buick_Master_Six_Rdstr_DV-06_ARM_0INT-01.jpg

$(KGrHqEOKjUE3B,zI6T8BN7BosbPJw~~_12.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

UA_640.jpg

1924_Buick_Interior_Willis_D.jpg

Edited by ROD W (see edit history)