Converting a '65 Starfire Conv. to Disc Brakes

I'm restoring a '65 Starfire convertible. One of the primary gripes with the car was that the power brakes 'grabbed', regardless of the speed of the car, and could literally put the driver or passenger into the windshield!<BR>Has anyone every done a conversion from the stock power brakes to discs? If so, is there a kit available, or can someone provide some how-to advice?<BR>Many thanks for responses.<BR>Bob

All 1965-70 senior Olds (exc 65-66 Jetstar 88) used the same spindles for drum brake applications. Disc brakes were offered starting 1967, and all 1967-70 disc brake cars used the same spindles. So it stands to reason that a disc brake setup from a 1967-70 big Olds will bolt into your Starfire.<P>E-mail me privately and I'll give you factaory part #s and applications. This is an interesting concept.

• 2 years later...

Find a '69 or '70 model 88 or 98 with disc brakes and get the spindles, rotors, caliphers, power booster, master cylinder and metal lines. You'll be converting to a split master cylinder as opposed to the single one currently on your car.

Stay away from the '67-'68 parts as the were troublesome dual piston caliphers.

Keep in mind you will have to go with 15" wheels fit over the caliphers.

Henry