Brush Transmission castings

Bill Erskine

After many set backs, the Brush transmission patterns and core boxes are finally ready to take to the foundry.  This will be a one time only run.  I will get one set made for my use and additional sets that anyone commits to.  I will not be making extras and do not plan a follow up run.   So, if you are interested in getting a set (main housing and tail housing) let me know ASAP.  I plan to take the patterns to the foundry in the next month or so.  So, do not delay or you will be out of luck. 

I can be reached at 802-878-5303 in the evening or on week ends or you can send an email to erskine@us.ibm.com

Bill Erskine

• 4 months later...

The Brush transmission patterns and core boxes are finally at the foundry.  The foundry said that the patterns and core boxes were good and they could do the castings.  The price will be $450 plus shipping for a main case and tail section.  This is for rough (un-machined) castings.  Again, I only plan for this one run.  I ordered enough for those who have already said they want a set.  The foundry said that they would be able to make more if I got back to them while the patterns are there.  So, there is still time to place your order.  Don't hesitate or it will be too late.  My contact info is in the previous posting.

I also have patterns and core boxes at the foundry for intake manifolds.  These will be $75 each plus shipping.  Again, this will be a one time run.  If interested, let me know right away and I will place the order.

Bill Erskine

If I were not in this as a hobby and needed to get a reasonable return on the time to make the patterns, they would probably be a couple of thousand dollars for each set of castings.  I made the patterns because I needed a transmission for my second Brush project and determined about the only way I was going to get one was to make it.  So, I am more than glad to help out others since the patterns are now done.  As I have stated several times, I  only plan to make one run of castings.  After I get my set of castings, my motivation to do any more will be gone.

Bill Erskine

• 4 months later...