1950s upholstery ID

WQ59B

I have a 52.5" wide roll of this, that came from a local fabric mill that made -among other things- auto upholstery after WWII.
The company was L.E. Carpenter, headquartered in Wharton NJ, and the location closed "in the mid '50s". 
Don't know if that means the company ceased all production, or merely closed that location.

Spent some time searching online but was unable to ID this. I saw some association with L.E. Carpenter & both Hudson & Kaiser, but could not find any pics that showed this pattern.  In my observation via said search, 1950 seems too early for it; it's a bit 'jazzy' for '50... so my current assumption is circa '53 ~ circa '56.

Does anyone recognize what this may have been used on? It would be great to make this roll available for someone who needs it. Thanks!

DSC04917.JPG

DSC04918.JPG

Edited by WQ59B (see edit history)

Guest Skyking

1959/1961 Nash Metropolitan had a very similar pattern but was grayish in color.  It was called Diamond pattern.  I have some,  tomorrow I'll post a photo.

Edited by Skyking (see edit history)

I see this (ID'd as '56) :
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/58/48/c3/5848c3b09a08d03c6912d42aa11e46ff.jpg
Tho those diamonds appear 'square' whereas my sample's 'diamonds' are more oblong.
The long dimension inside the diamond on my material measures 7/16-in, which is noticably smaller than my impression of the Nash diamonds in the above link.
Looking forward to your pic of '59-61.

Guest Skyking
On 5/7/2017 at 10:12 PM, WQ59B said:

I see this (ID'd as '56) :
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/58/48/c3/5848c3b09a08d03c6912d42aa11e46ff.jpg
Tho those diamonds appear 'square' whereas my sample's 'diamonds' are more oblong.
The long dimension inside the diamond on my material measures 7/16-in, which is noticably smaller than my impression of the Nash diamonds in the above link.
Looking forward to your pic of '59-61.

The link above is ID'd as '56?  In '56 Metropolitan used a Houndstooth pattern,  totally different from the photo above.  They ended that pattern in 1958 and went with the Diamond pattern.  You'll likely see most Metropolitans with the incorrect materials.