Question about Catalytic Convertor

I have a 76 Delta 88 royale with the 350. it has had a bog out problem since i got it. Here is a list of things ive done so far <BR>NEW PARTS<BR>---------------------<BR>Spark plugs<BR>Spark plug wires<BR>distributer cap<BR>distributer rotar<BR>ignition module<BR>fuel pump<BR>New Edelbrock carb 1406<BR>Fuel filter<BR>air cleaner<BR>Water pump<BR>Fan Clutch<BR>Battery<BR>Battery connectors<BR>Pcv Valve<BR>Oil blow by valve<BR>All new vaccunm hoses<BR>Oil Filter<BR>Transmission Filter<BR>Drive Belts<BR>-----------------------<P>Maintence Done<BR>-----------------------<BR>Oil Change<BR>Transmission fluid change<BR>Power steering fluid change<BR>Flushed radiator<BR>New brake fluid<BR>-----------------------<P>Now after all that it still has the problem so i figured it might be the convertor but the car gets good exhaust flow what do you think?

Hallo again, young James- two things to check. EGR valve (which I think we already talked about) and spark plug gap. Early 1976 cars used a .080 gap and it was changed to .060 early in the 76 model year.<P>This is involved, but it's possible your timing chain has stretched or timing gears are wearing out. How many miles on the engine?

Good points, but if it has a Qjet, always look there first if the problem can be called a bog.<P>If the bog happens in the transition between primaries and secondaries, its the secondary air door spring. Over time, the springs relax allowing the air door to slap open giving a big gulp of air. Adjustment is pretty easy and a little goes a long way. The adjustment is in the air horn, and procedures are found in any carb manual.<P>Curtis Mittong

I'd hate to see James throw any more parts at the car then necessary, fortunantly many of the parts already bought were routeen maintence and tune up. But assumeing everything bought is working properly could it possibly be a camshaft lobe problem or a valve spring problem?Compression?Maybe that new carb is not set up properly either? Maybe the old one wasnt?<P>Just to try to make you feel better James I will tell you neither my 75 or 76 350's run poorly. They are strong and economical(considering). So there is light somewhere out there. smile.gif" border="0