Levelling system question

I'd say there's a leak. After 7 years and 85k it's possible. Check the strut itself and all the airlines and fittings. Possible the compressor itself is leaking. Remote possibility the level pot at the rear suspension is going bad and fooling the system into thinking the tail is low.<P>You can use soapy water to find the leak. Spray it on all components and the leak will show up as bubbles.<p>[ 04-03-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

I usually hang out on the Reatta forum but I have an Olds question I need help with. My mother has a '95 88 LSS with the automatic levelling suspension. Just recently the pump has started running every once in a while, even when the car is off. Before she takes it to the dealer and they try to sell her the moon, is there any clues, advice or usual problems that would make the pump run? In other words, something that typically wears out that she should be looking for when the dealer gives her the repair estimate?<BR>In case it matters the car has about 85,000 miles on it and has been well maintained.<BR>And since I am here, I have to say that my "new" car is an Olds Intrigue. Probably the best handling car I have ever owned. I don't know what I am going to do when it needs to be replaced now that they will be history!<BR>Thanks in advance for any info.

Thanks rocketraider for the quick reply. I will be at her house this weekend so will take your advice and look for a leak the best I can. I hope it is just a hose or fitting, that would be the least expensive!