1976 Olds Delta 88 Royale question about carb

My 76 delta 88 has the 350 v-8 with a rochester quardra jet 4brl my question is are there any edelbrocks that will fit without the preformance intakes i want a new carb but not a holley because i hate adjusting them if anyone knows of a good carb that will fit on the stock intake please let me know

Edelbrock and Holley both make QuadraJet replacements. They're side fuel inlet since they're mainly designed for Chevy and pre-68 apps, but one of these should work OK on yer car. Order a 66-67 Olds fuel line from one of the Olds vendors and you're set. You can get the carbs from Jeg's, Summit etc, think even Advance Auto might can get them.

Thanks ill ask about that but one more question what size of carb do you people think i should get for a 350 v-8 that will still be used for day to day driving not just drag racing little hondas

Thanks all for your input i guess i have to go for another q-jet because i recivied an e-mail from edelbrock saying that they do not carry a replacement carb that would work not even if i got the edelbrock intake so i guess im stuck with my quadra-trash but any way thanks for posting all confused.gif" border="0

Edelbrock website says their Q-Jet won't work with B-O-P-Cad throttle linkage. I know two people who bolted them onto 68 442s. Chevy used the same throttle cable as the other GM divisions, so I think it could be adapted easy enough. Holley is showing a full line of reman carbs for Olds apps- whether they're truthfully any better than other rebuilders, who knows, but they are a carb manufacturer. <P>Is anything preventing you from having your existing Q-Jet rebuilt? Don't underestimate them- I set a track class record with a 66 442 in 1974, running a mildly built Toronado 425 with a blueprinted Quadrajet. They are a fine carb set up right, trouble is most people don't have a clue about how they work and get them all buggered up, then blame the QuadraJet.<p>[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

Well i am having carb problems i think that the carb may be warped and letting in air so i was just going to replace it with a high preformance edelbrock but from what you guys say i guess ill just try to find another q-jet to pop on thanks for the posts guys

• 3 weeks later...

I have some info that might be helpful to you.<BR>I build Olds performance engines, Edelbrock performer series carbs will fit stock V8 Olds intakes, however emmision control standards <BR>prohibit Edelbrock from addvertising them as stock replacement. Edelbrock may even tell you that they won't fit, but they will.<BR>My advice to you Buy an Edelbrock performer<BR>650 cfm. The price is usually about 193.00.<BR>It gives better air flow and easier adjustmants of air to fuel ratio as the screws are readilly accessible. If you need help adjusting your carb i can tell you how. It takes about 10 min.<P>Steve russell

I have some info that might be helpful to you.<BR>I build Olds performance engines, Edelbrock performer series carbs will fit stock V8 Olds intakes, however emmision control standards <BR>prohibit Edelbrock from addvertising them as stock replacement. Edelbrock may even tell you that they won't fit, but they will.<BR>My advice to you Buy an Edelbrock performer<BR>650 cfm. The price is usually about 193.00.<BR>It gives better air flow and easier adjustmants of air to fuel ratio as the screws are readilly accessible. If you need help adjusting your carb i can tell you how. It takes about 10 min.<P>Steve russell