1976 Oldsmobile 98 2Dr Lux Sedan

Hi folks,<P>My mom getting up in years and having more than her share of health issues would like to know what one of her car's might go for.<P>Mint condition 1976 98 with 50,000 orig miles. Garage stored. <P>She live in WV... <P>My email is ren@comcast.net<P>Money would go towards Doc & Med Bills

I bought a gorgeous Regency sedan with 1st week serial # and all options except airbags and moonroof a couple years back for $800. I've seen them sell as high as $5000. I've seen people try to get $7500 and sit on the car for years.<P>This is one of those cars that the right guy is going to have to come along. Many people don't see Ninety Eights as having any collector interest and only want to swipe their 455s for a 6 or 350 Cutlass transplant. I hate to see that happen to them because they are truly nice cars.<P>Wish your Ma luck and good health. Mine's 80 and has cashed in her 64 years of smoking with advanced emphysema.

Firstly I wish you and your mother well!<P> It may take a while to sell the car and you may be unhappy with the price of a willing buyer. Sounds like a beauty thow! I have a 75 Delta 88 Royal convertabled I paid $1400.00 and a 76 Delta 88 Royal Coupe $600.00. Both are good running cars with great interiors and unwrecked but with some to more rust. It took their owners a long time to sell them and the prices were reduced greatly by the time I went to look at them and buy them.<P>Excellent condition, low miled, stored and original cars bring more interest than "needs work" cars. These mid 70's cars do not have the appeal however as the earlier 70's and 60's cars do. They are not liked as well because of the huge protruding bumpers and detuned and restricted engines.<P>Show room near new Delta 88 convertables have been sold for around 6000.00 on e-Bay. These are the most desired full size Olds of that era.<P>Somewhere out there there is just the right owner for that car. smile.gif" border="0