Power bucket seat parts

I am in the process of trying to get my drivers power bucket seat in a 1972 cutlass supreme to work. I can hear the DRIVE motor running, see the belt move(although the belt seems too loose) and have confirmed that the seat tracks and seat bottom will move if I disconnect the cables from the DRIVEN motor and turn them manually. My Question is, does anybody out there have GM power seat experience, and where can I get the belt? Thank you!

Can you see if the belt is actually driving the transmission? If the trans input pulley isn't turning the belt is stretched or the trans is locked up.<P>If transmission pulley turns, then you have either a solenoid or dog gear problem. Do you hear a click from the transmission when you operate the switch? Click means solenoid is working.<P>I can send you the 72 Fisher Body manual stuff if you need it. Don't know of a source for the belt offhand but here's a part # from 1974.<P>9705350, Belt, trans pulley rubber drive, 1966-72 all 4-way bucket seat.<P>Meaning you could find it on any bucket seat equipped GM car from that timeframe. Look in Rivieras as they were most commonly equipped with power bucket seat. You might want to get a couple of spare junkyard transmissions too just for parts. The internal parts were common on all GM from about 1961 on into the 80s.

Thank you rocketraider and Henry for your replies to the power seat question. I will let you know how things turn out! One more question, who have you felt has treated you the best in terms of quality and price: Year One, Original Parts Group, or The Paddock? I have only dealt with Year One for my previous project,and while they are only an hour away from the house, their prices seem awfully high on some items. Your fellow Olds friend-Chris.

It's been some time since I've dealt with YO, but their latest catalogs appear to have higher prices. I also hear people grumping about decline in service. I've never bought from Paddock or OPG.<P>Actually I prefer to do business with the established Olds vendors such as Fusick, Specialty Olds, Ron's Classic Cutlass, Supercar Specialties and Brothers, in that order. Most all of them get their products from the same sources. For sheetmetal and western chrome, Larry Camuso or Pacific West Auto.<P>We're doing an OCA Zone Show at Charlotte NC AutoFair next month. E-mail me for details. It's not that far up I85 for you. And hey- I had to laugh when you mentioned being an hour away from YO. We did the Peach Blossom show several years ago and decided to visit YO before we went to the Marriott over in Marietta. We left there at 3:45 and were told we should have left half an hour earlier. Truer words never spoken! It took us an hour and a half to get from Tucker to Windy Hill Rd via 285. Pouring rain, we were near out of gas and afraid to get off the beltline to find some. And I hear Atlanta traffic has gotten worse since then.

Over the past few years I've purchased 1,000s of $s of parts from Yearone, however the last 3 times I've called them I had to wait on hold for 16, 12 and 23 minutes(yes I did time it) to talk to a sales rep. Prices do start out a bit high however they offer frequent discounts, also quanity discounts so that knocks final price down. Car club membership can offer you discounts also, I belong to South Texas Oldsmobile Club, chapter of OCA and there's a discount available through that. They do go to extremes to satisfy complaints. Also have good results from Supercars Unlimited, an Olds supplier in Oregon. Henry