FOR SALE RECHROMED `63-`64 BUMPER

1965rivgs

A local member had this rechromed `63-`64 bumper left over from his resoration and asked me to help him sell it. The bumper appears to have been straight before replating as I can see no evidence of die marks from straightening, etc on the inside. The quality of the plate is excellent driver quality, not show quality, as there are some very small flaws. The quality of the bumper would be appropriate on a very, very nice driver quality car. The worst flaw is an area about 3/4 of an inch long on the top inside edge which appears as though something metal might have fallen and broken thru or chipped the plating. The exposed metal has oxidized slightly but is not undermining the plating adjacent to the flaw. The backside of the bumper was not finished or coated/painted after plating so it is showing surface rust to be expected in our climate. He has priced the bumper at what I think is very fair at $475 OBO. I would prefer not to ship this bumper so I hope another local member might need it. I would be willing to deliver the bumper at the annual BOP swap meet in St Carles IL which is quickly approaching. Wish this was a `65 bumper as I would like to have it for one of my cars but I cant use it. Thanks,

Tom Mooney

PS Forgot to mention there are also indentation marks on the underside from what appears to have been made by a bumper jack. These flaws are only visible from underneath and do not affect the appearance of the top side of the bumper

DSC02695.JPG

DSC02706.JPG

DSC02707.JPG

DSC02698.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 96roadmaster said:

Any change in plans about shipping it?

Hi Roadmaster,

No change at this point as I just dont have the time to devote to properly packaging to avoid shipping damage. I`ve shipped bumpers a few times and it is just not worth the risk. I will keep you in mind if things change, thanks,

Tom