Front to rear wiring harness 41 LC Cabrolet

Tom_Overfield

Hi Folks, 

The last thing to do for finishing my Continental is installing the entire wiring harness, not for the faint hearted, that's for sure.  Does anyone know the correct location for the harness that runs from the front to the rear.  Mine was installed when I had the upholstery installed, but I am quite sure it is not correct.  Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Tom

Tom - I have a LOT of pictures of my 41  restoration  - Here a a few from two years ago when I removed , rebuilt and replaced the engine.

I'll have to dig for the restoration pics , as they were taken in the late '80's before digital.

Mike Lynch

04-14-14 (8).JPG

PIC00017.JPG

Thanks Mike,

I have that that same car, same color, but the interior is red, and the top is tan. I did get the main cowl harness in yesterday and it going to be chore to get under the dash and hook everything up.  The issue concerning the harness to the rear is it is about 6 inches away from being able to connect to the main harness in the front.  I got under the car in the rear, and the routing is in no way correct.  Looks like I will need to pull the harness out and down out of the inside trunk area so I can re-route the wires and gain some additional length.  Naturally the inside of the trunk has been restored so I am hoping the bottom piece of carpet will lift out.  I also see your new knobs and steering wheel, Looks like a Kieth 

Set to me, and the steering wheel as welI, I have the complete set also. Hint, the lettering should be red, the first few sets, mine included were white, no biggie at all really unless you intend to show it at meets.  I just took a very fine brush and redid the lettering to red, not much effort at all. Any other photos greatly appreciated.

Tom

Edited by Tom_Overfield
Additional material (see edit history)

Hi Mike, 

i think I have this figured out with a lot of help from Tom Akins,  who has a ton of knowledge about these cars and rewired a lot of them over the years.  I will let you know how things turn out.

I known John Maglia's name from years ago,  and he was the only source of dash plastic back then.  I know he must have sold a bunch of knobs over the years. 

My color is Darian Blue Poly, as was recorded on the production card so thats what I painted it.  Did it in that garage with help from a friend who did most of the painting , and block sanding it four times. ( and I thought I was anal ) It turned out beautifully, not bad for a couple of hacks.  The V-12 is sitting patiently on the running stand waiting to go back in. I rebuilt it years ago, even had it balanced while it was torn down and it runs smooth as silk.  I can't wait till this wiring is finished, then in the motor goes.

What is the body # on your car Mike?  Mine is 16H-56-18.  Thanks for your gracious assistance.

Tom

Edited by Tom_Overfield
Revised as help not reguired (see edit history)