Delta 88/CC wagon steering wheel

I'm looking to buy a 2 dr Delta 88 or a Custom Cruiser station wagon from the early eighties. I know this is going to sound crazy, but one thing this car absolutely must have is the steering wheel that looks like a boomerang/airplane wing/triangle (you get the idea). Is there a specific year or trim level that had this wheel? My long gone '83 Custom Cruiser wagon had it, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it in 2dr Delta 88s as well.<P>I'd really appreciate any advice anyone can give me here! Thanks!!<P>--Johnny

It was optional 1977-early 80s on Delta 88 and Cutlass. I still see them at swap meets, sometimes in salvage yards. They came in black, saddle, red and blue to my best knowledge. This is the one with brushed aluminum spokes and soft colored vinyl rim, right?

No, the center portion is vinyl with the Olds logo in the middle. The one I had in my CC Wagon had a strip of woodgrain trim on the bottom. The rim itself was hard plastic and I believe it also had a woodgrain insert that ran all the way around.<P>Here's a quick and dirty drawing of how it looked. Sorry, this is as terrible as I could possibly make it look on such short notice! grin.gif" border="0 <P><A HREF="http://furryfriendsfoundation.com/Olds/wheel.gif" TARGET=_blank>Olds steering wheel</A>

Guest Shaffer

Looks similar to the steering wheels that was in the early 70s Oldsmobile Eighty-Eights and Ninety-Eights. Our old 1983 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight had a different type wheel.

johnnyolds<BR>went to this new junk yard , just opened up in town , it will cost a dollar to walk in but hey its worth it . all cars are off the ground . they have wheelbarrows to haul your finds . and engine hoists (A-FRAME type rolling on car tires)if you want that engine, yea you gotto pull it yourself , anyway I seen your steering wheel in a say 72 Cutlass . condition was poor , grin.gif" border="0

rocketraider<BR>not really - the oldes olds was that 72<BR>a feww late 70's early 80's 88's - and one olds wagon ( chevy with olds badges and a olds 350 ) now what they did have was alot of FWD cars - I shop the Tidewater Trading Post for most of my finds . you can really find some parts or parts cars in it ,I buy one every week costs a dollar .I sometimes get luckey and run off with the prize part<BR>for the projects<BR>Happy hunting<BR> grin.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...