1992 Toronado Trofeo - opinions?

I found this great 1992 Toronado Trofeo with 49k miles for only $5995... no rust, digital dash, excellent condition, one owner. Is there anything that I should know before buying one of these? I don't see anything wrong with it, and it seems like a deal I can't pass up. I've been pricing these for years, and it's the best deal I've found so far - it's even my favorite Toronado color; pearl! Blue leather interior, electric moonroof...ah, I won't bore you with details. I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision, and who better to ask than you guys! Thanks for any help!<P>- Ben

The digital dash is the only thing I'd be concerned about. They like to fail with no warning, and one for a ten year old car is probably already obsoleted by GM (Gawd- has it been ten years since the last Toronado?). <P>The electronics may give trouble down the road too, but they probably won't be any worse than a Comfortron except, again, for finding parts.<P>The 90-92 Toronado/Trofeo were very nice cars and terribly underrated imho, but they suffered from "American-built" curse. People intending to spend that kind of money for a car tended to go for the snob appeal of a similarly priced European or Japanese car. But the styling! one of the few attractive efforts from GM in recent memory. If I could find one without the digital dash and touch-screen HVAC/radio, I'd consider it.

Guest trofeo73

I would have to agree. My 89 has some small electrical probs, but I am too lazy to fix them......This car is a real pleasure to drive. One of the few cars that actually have front leg room. Me being 6 feet 2 inches, I am usually disappointed in some of the smaller newer cars. You will probulby get as many looks as a corvette, but mainly because nobody (average person) isn't familar with these cars. Its too bad they are no longer made....

You probably already bought the or forgot about it but believe me, for having a '91 trofeo whit no rust and burgundy int/ext, the digital dash problems are worth the expense. my dashboard as been going on and off for the past three summers and i don't care. None of my friends want me to sell that car. I paid it 5000$ can. and have been offered 6500$ the next day. If there is one thing I can say it's go for it you won't regret it. It's nothing compared to whatever you can get in other makes.

1991 Trofeo,no touch screen,loaded with sunroof. I've had it for 5 years and found it's a perfect balance of power and ride. Have to spend $30plus for an equal car today with nowhere near the class! Only problem is the dash eventually going out,had the ventillator display changed and the dash removed and rebuilt for $970.00 to correct problem. The styling is still contemporary and people can't believe Olds made a car like that! Along with my 67-442,65Cutlass conv., and my disassembled 68-442 it's a keeper!