1962 olds faulters on RH turns

My 62 olds faulters when accelerating around right hand turns.It runs OK on left turns.I have changed the carb,set the float level to no avail.It has be annoying me for about 3 years,any ideas? It has a Rochester 4 barrel carb.

Sometimes I think stuff like this was designed into early 60s Olds. Everyone I know who owns one has much the same complaints. I have a 64 Starfire that does the same thing; additionally, there's no need to even think about getting going uphill from a dead stop. It will start moving and then die. Right now it won't even start- pour gas down the carb, it will start and run until the gas is gone, and then no more. New fuel lines and fuel pump, and still can't get gas to the carb. I guess I'll have to take that damn 4GC apart yet another time.<P>It performed better with an NOS Rochester kit than at any other time. <P>I have got to the point that if I can't get rid of the SlimJim transmission and Rochester 4GC carb, I'm not gonna do anything else with the car. I love it, but if I can't drive it, what good is it?

study a schematic of the carb. see if there is a vacuum port between the airhorn and the carb body. IF there is then it is most likely that the gas is sloshing to the side of the carb and being drawn between the gasket and into the vac port. A small tube mite need to be inserted into the hole to correct the problem.

Sure sounds like a fuel problem, but there are other things to consider. Is it a fuel flooding problem or a fuel starvation problem. It could even be an electrical problem. I had a customer one time that had a problem that was very similar and it turned out to be the cables going down to the starter were frayed and when the car leaned to that side, the cables shorted out against the frame and it only happened for a second. Make sure all you connections are clean and tight and that your motor mounts are solid. Also be sure that there is no wires rubbing anywhere.<BR> Ron