Another Crank No Start problem

Guest Brigop

Started new thread....

About a month ago, heading home nothing out of the norm my reatta twice then died going down the road.  pulled over and tried to restart and nothing.  Called for a tow and and got it home.  I first though fuel pump because when I unhooked the fuel rail I got no fuel.  I dropped the tank and replaced the fuel pump.  got it back together and Still Crank no start.  So Out with the manual and went through the Crank No run matrix. 

Here is the run down;

I followed all of the pages for the crank no run charts.  Took me to the Ignition control module, replaced that plus the coil pack itself.

Ignition fuse (10 amp on drivers side of console) good.

Ignition on SES light is on. with Key on

Crank does not start at any throttle position.  (constant 43psi on fuel pressure test guage attached to the fuel rail)

Injector test:  test light is off except when cranking and all blink during cranking.

All plugs receiving spark.  (replaced both the coil pack and ignition controller anyway)

Crank sensor checked and replaced.

I noticed on one thread that it discussed the oil pressure switch.  Would a failed oil pressure switch cause the engine to shut down?  I never got any SES light or other warning signs when it just died going down the road. 

I am at a complete loss at this point.  Due to outside factors If I can not get my Reatta running will need to let it go at a Loss.  I have a list of parts that I have acquired over time that will be part of the deal, including a supercharge... 

It is a Red 90, Tan interior,

both Door windows extra

both wing windows with frames extra

complete rear tail light assy extra

extra IPC's and Radio's  (need repair)

Headlight doors and motors

passenger window drive motor needs replaced, have motor.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Refer to the other thread. Did you check the grey wire with green connector (loose) for power with key on ?

That said if you have 40 pounds on the injector, did you check for fire signals to the injectors ?

I usually pour about a 1/2 oz of gas directly into the manifold and see if anything happens when crank. If it rattles/coughs a bit then you have a fuel issue. If not, no fire.

As to any interest, where are you ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brigop said:

Started new thread....

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

As Mr. Padgett suggested.....   Pull the air intake big black inlet tube off of the throttle blade housing, remove the honeycomb screen, and maybe take 2-3 ounces of gas in a cup and throw it sideways into the manifold, holding the throttle blade open.   Then try to start it.   If you have spark as  you suggest, the engine should run for a couple seconds.  If that makes it fire up, look for the electronic reason why the injectors arent' getting energized, probably just a broken wire somewhere, fuse, etc.