Olds portable transistor radio

I've got a portable transistor radio that I'm told they thought it was out of a '57-'59 (?)Olds that was stored in a slot in the glove box. I've had it for about 25 years and is in BRAND NEW condition. I don't know if it works though. Anyone know anything about it or what it might be worth? I suspect it's probably somewhat rare but useless without a car that had it as an accessory. There's probably a few cars out there with the radio missing.

It was the in dash radio as far as I know. I'm sure it's a valuable piece if your looking to get rid of it. If it's in excellent condition, I'm sure someones looking for one on ebay right now and would apreciate having it... The Dennis Casteel Book shows a pic of some Lady pulling one from a dash or something.

I recently acquired one of these for my 1959 Buick. To my knowledge, this accessory was offered on Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Buick, and it was quite rare even when new.<P>On the '59 Buick, the radio was stored in the glove compartment, where it re-charged and could also be played over the car's regular radio speaker. Unfortunately, my car lacks the glove compartment receptacle.<P>I obtained mine from an individual who had pulled the transportable radio out of his mother's 1959 Buick Invicta when she sold the car during the early 1960's. The batteries were removed and it was placed in the attic for 40 years. When it was finally retrieved earlier this year, batteries were installed and it plays beautifully.<P>I obtained my radio for $150. The seller wanted someone to have it who appreciated 1959 Buicks and the history of the radio. (His mother bought her Invicta at the Chicago Auto Show, and I have photos of the car.) It is very likely that -- given the condition of the radio -- it would have fetched a higher price on Ebay.<P>Hope this helps!<P>Brian Laurance, BCA #5168<BR>1959 Buick Electra 4-door hardtop<BR>1971 Buick Centurion Formal Coupe<BR>1989 Buick LeSabre Limited Coupe