A couple of nice tidy Pontiacs.

nzcarnerd

The '64 Bonneville was at the USA Car Day today, Sunday 6 November. Imported from San Francisco just a few months ago with only about 60,000 miles on it. Note the 8 lugs.  The '65 Catalina two door post with original paint is another recent import. The two door post was the least popular body style when it was new - less than 10,000 sold and I guess there are not many left.  The '68 Parisienne convertible has been here since it was new.

IMG_7746.JPG

IMG_7747.JPG

IMG_7748.JPG

IMG_7742.JPG

IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7744.JPG

• Like 1

That 64 Bonny is very reminiscent of my uncle's car.  He became a Pontiac fan in 1960 when he purchased a new white Bonneville 2dr hardtop that had the 389 engine with automatic tranny.  In 1963, he traded the 60 in on a new red Grand Prix with the 389 engine mated to a 4-speed manual tranny.  For whatever reason, the GP proved troublesome, in that the clutch linkage kept severing pins.  After this happened multiple times, the GP was traded on a new 64 Bonny 2dr hardtop in the exact same color as the one in your post, only his car had a white top that I believe was covered in something that looked like, or could have been, vinyl.  The 64 had the 389/automatic drivetrain.

A great car it was, though it fell out of favor after he loaned it to a girlfriend who wrecked it, causing damage to one of the quarter panels.  He has always had a very particular eye for body panels that have been straightened, and the 64 could never pass the eye test after the accident.  He ended up selling the 64, and went backwards, buying another white 60 Bonny hardtop, and then a white 60 Bonny convertible, this one equipped with the three-deuce carburetor arrangement.

Neither of those last two were to his liking, and a few years later, he switched to a boat-tailed 1971 Buick Riviera.