Front turn signal for 38 Zephyr.

Beltfed

I decided that waving my arm out the window was not going to cut it for making turns in today's traffic.  Modifing the rear tai lights is not an big issue.  On the other hand, the front is a bit of problem as that little bulb in the headlight housing with lights on will not cut it.  Below is a pic of my solution.  I replaced the bumper bolts with a led lamp inside a bumper bolt.  It leaves the front end clean.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Neat!  I also added turn signals to my '38 . I installed  correct period fog lights, but wired them as turn signals. I didn't like the controller  attached

to the steering column , so I mounted it under the dash. It is completely manual, I have to remember to cancel  it. The rear turn signals are extra

lamp sockets mounted in the taillight buckets.  Works ok.

169.JPG

• Like 1

I've been thinking about that turn signal controller myself.  It's a new aftermarket and the hose clamp mount plus being up near the glovebox doesn't set right with me.  Awaiting the proper colored cloth covered wire to arrive so I have a little time to think of another way to either mount it or relocate it as you did.