coil on 29 DB pick up

Guest Harry Hill

Guest Harry Hill

the coil on my truck has the ignition switch built into it. It has been operating but now it has a problem. There are three posts on the back of the coil, at 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock. They are marked batt at 3o'clock, no marking at 6 o'clock and timer at 9 o'clock. There are no wires hooked up at 6 o'clock. I have battery power going to the batt terminal, with the key on  power at 6 o'clock but minimal power, .25 volts at the timer terminal. I am using an 8 volt battery. I believe with the key on I should have 8 volts at the timer terminal also. Can I hook the coil hot wire to the 6 o'clock terminal? Or doesn't anyone have the appropriate coil for sale? I have contacted Meyers but have not received a reply about another coil.

Guest Harry Hill

Thank you, I don't have a fuel gauge on the dash, it is mounted on the tank, you have to be a contortionist to read it. I decided to use the 6 o'clock for power to lights and stuff. The coil was working after all, I had a fuel feed problem that I fixed and the truck started right up. My float valve in the carb isn't holding so I need to pull the bowl and make sure everything is clean and tight. The updraft carb won't hold much pressure, I think half a pound psi is what it calls for. I know the vacuum tank doesn't have much more than that as it is gravity but the tank drains out the front of the carb when I shut off the engine.