New to me 49 coronet

Hello, 

I am soon to take delivery of a 1949 Dodge Coronet. I hope to return her to running order, not restored, but running. I am looking  for suggestions for parts suppliers and documentation. I have looked online and frankly my head is swimming. I look forward to the promise of a new project, and hope my two boys and I have some fun along the way. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow! You have some work ahead.  But it will make a great family project.  I have a recently acquired 50 Coronet and have had to do a lot with my rear axle.  It was suggested to me that I should check oldmoparts.com for the parts I needed.  I have had great success with them.  The online catalog is well organized and they seem to have virtually everything.  They also state that if you don't find what you need in the catalog, you should contact them because they have much more that is not listed in the catalog.

Good luck with your project.  I'll keep an eye on the forum to follow your progress.

Dan

Thank you for your reply. I tried to join the other night but the security challenge question was too challenging for me and I couldn't create an account.  

The two questions were what's does a touring coupe have that a business coupe doesn't. (I tried side windows, back seat, and a few others)

and the firing order of a flat 6? (I could find two firing orders but it didn't like either.). 

I plan to contact them and see if I can get signed up.