FOR SALE - R H Macy Steamer Trunk - Travel Wardrobe Will bring to Hershey

For Sale is a Vintage Macy's Travel Steamer Trunk. $100.00.  This has the original tag from R.H. Macy & Co. on Broadway in New York City. These were all also called wardrobe trunks. I believe it to be from the 1920's. There is a patent date on one of the rails that hangers rest on. It still locks and I have the original key. It has all original pieces including the wooden hangers. It is black leather with plated brass hardware. Inside is the original Macy's pattern. The trunk measures 22 1/2 inches by 21 1/2 inches by 40 1/2 inches tall. It still opens and functions wonderfully. It is in great shape considering it is 90 years old.  The body hinges in two. The hanger side top opens like a clam shell also. It still has the original fitted suitcase on the hanger side bottom. The interior is a bit discolored due to age. It is very unusual to find a piece with all the original components and the KEY. This trunk is a great decorator piece or a fully functional unit. It would be a fantastic usable piece for your antique collection. This would also be a great closet for a college student. Just imagine driving down the road with this on the trunk rack of your antique vintage or classic car. 

Condition:
The overall condition is good. The exterior has the normal scuffs and scrapes for a piece this old. I'm sure it would be great fun for someone to do a cosmetic restoration on. The bottom wear is documented in one of the pictures. The leather handles have worn off.   
Email with questions.

Located in the Cleveland, Ohio area but I am willing to bring it to the Hershey Swap meet in October.

P5200037.JPG

P5200039.JPG

P5200041.JPG

P5200043.JPG

P5200044.JPG

P5200047.JPG

P5200052.JPG

P5200055.JPG

P5200057.JPG

P5200058.JPG

P5200060.JPG

P5200067.JPG