LOUISIANA FLOODING - CAN HELP / NEED HELP ??

Marty Roth

This is intended as a clearing house for those old car folks affected by the flooding - not for home and property unless that is at emergency levels, but rather as an exchange:

Who needs help getting their vintage car moved or dried out

Who can help move, provide temporary storage, or start the cleaning / drying process

1.     Let us know if you need assistance for saving, moving, or otherwise getting your vintage car away from the effects of the flooding (where are you?)

2.     Let us know if you can help with your trailer, winch, tow vehicle,  temporary storage space, etc, and where you can travel

Please post your response if you are local, and request help, or if you can offer help.

Thanks, 

Marty Roth

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Thank you Fred.. Hopefully, those who can use our support will have electricity and Wi-Fi to be aware of what our old car community can do to assist in times of trouble.

Buddy from Houma, and Dennis from St. Bernard Parish have also volunteered their help. 
We have a start !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Guest bayouboy

Buddy and Dennis are great guys.  We are able to transport flooded/imperiled vehicles here.  I do have an automobile lift and that will be real helpful to drain/refill fluids and check for damages.

Guest stuckinbedico

Kathleen McConnell, Treasurer, Slidell Antique Car Club. I know I am a distance away but we can offer two closed in spaces.        

Edited by stuckinbedico (see edit history)

I got word from Region Editor Linda in CENLA, that Phil Elwood in Baker has advised that his Galaxie has been under water for three days. I've not been able to reach him by phone but will keep trying. I don't know how deep the water was/is, but will try to coordinate ASAP

ROY TEMPLET (New Orleans area) HAS RESPONDED - (I have his phone number and email address, and will share same privately):

Marty, I have a car-hauler trailer w/winch & will be glad to help anyway I can.
Roy Templet

Guest RoyT'40

Marty,

I finally finally got my acct. set up & want to confirm my commitment to help anyway I can; just let me know what's needed.

Roy

On 8/18/2016 at 8:40 PM, Marty Roth said:

I got word from Region Editor Linda in CENLA, that Phil Elwood in Baker has advised that his Galaxie has been under water for three days. I've not been able to reach him by phone but will keep trying. I don't know how deep the water was/is, but will try to coordinate ASAP

Phil's home and Galaxie were under 4 feet of water (and sewage) for three days - He stated that the car is likely not salvageable, but thanks all for the response.

I'm certain that there are many other Louisiana Region members (and many others) who have not yet had a chance to see or to respond to y'alls generosity - but hopefully we will be able to check in on those who were inundated as the flooding recedes.

Many of us will reconnoiter at the Lagniappe Chapter Shrimp Fettuccini lunch on Sunday

Thanks again to all who responded here and on Facebook  

PS: Glenn & Sandra are OK - just not a home - on their way to an Orphan Car tour in Wisconsin