stutz information

dprice_nz@yahoo.com

The badge you refer to with the code AY41Y is known as the Fedco number.<BR>This code translates to Chassis number 70410. I own a 1926 Stutz<BR>Limousine with chassis number 70405, so these cars are quite close<BR>together as to the time of production. All of the chassis starting with<BR>"7" are 145 inch wheelbase chassis. These cars are all seven passenger<BR>sedans, limos, or custom bodies, etc. You should have an engine number<BR>starting with "8" and will probably be in the range of 85400-85600. If<BR>you have pictures, I would very much like to see your car. <P>Steve Pugh pughs@pacbell.net

The badge you refer to with the code AY41Y is known as the Fedco number.<BR>This code translates to Chassis number 70410. I own a 1926 Stutz<BR>Limousine with chassis number 70405, so these cars are quite close<BR>together as to the time of production. All of the chassis starting with<BR>"7" are 145 inch wheelbase chassis. These cars are all seven passenger<BR>sedans, limos, or custom bodies, etc. You should have an engine number<BR>starting with "8" and will probably be in the range of 85400-85600. If<BR>you have pictures, I would very much like to see your car. <P>Steve Pugh pughs@pacbell.net

steve ,darren here have only body parts<back steel body section<front body section to fire wall< no guards front or rear> have front door and pillar on drivers side < no rear doors or front left door have pillar> no chassis only number on dash have only photos <not digital ones .has steel peak above front window <wooden floor with steel plates screw in do you have any photos?

Darren,<BR>I have only photos from film of my 1926 limousine and 1926 sedan but there are pictures of my recently resurrected 1927 brougham at my website:<BR> <A HREF="http://home.pacbell.net/pughs/index.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://home.pacbell.net/pughs/index.htm</A> <P>I have restored the hydrostatic brakes on the '27 and am trying to keep it as original as possible(unrestored. If you decide to sell parts, please let me know. With 3 Stutzes, there is always something that I need. You can also reply to my email address: <P>pughs@pacbell.net<P>Steve Pugh

• 1 month later...

Darren,<P>The jump seats were standard in the limousine and other seven passenger<BR>body style built on the 145 inch chassis. The cars at my website are all<BR>131" chaasis. I will measure the doors on my limousine in the next week<BR>or two and let you know the size, but I am quite sure that they are<BR>exactly the same size at the top and bottom of each partcular door.<P>Also, please send emails to my address or go to the bottom of my web page to email me. The posts that I am getting from you are being forwarded by peterg(webmaster).<P>Steve Pugh