1955 Nash Statesman Country Club info?

Guest Natcox64

Guest Natcox64

Hey guys finally figured out my title. Now is there anyone on here who has the info on the trim plate. So I can see the options. Colors and so forth.

• 2 months later...

Don't see a reply to this, so . . .

The body plate used on Nashes in the 1950's had -

Body No.  (The first body was 1001.)

Model Number : 5547-2 

55 - 1955 model year

4 - Statesman series

7 - 2dr Country Club hardtop

-2 - Custom subseries

Trim No - Have no info on this one

Paint No -

P-1 - Black

P-44 - Caribbean Blue

P-61 - Midshipman Blue

P-62 - Island Green

P-64 - Rio Red

P-65 - Coral Red

P-66 - Sunburst Yellow

P-67 - Bermuda Green

P-68 - Mist Blue

P-69 - Snowberry White

P-71 - Palomino Brown

Two tones are laid out as P1A44 - The P1 is the upper colour (P-1)and the 44 (P-44) is the lower colour.

The options on the car were not placed on the tag back then.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

• 1 month later...
Guest Natcox012

Yea that helps a bunch. So I looked I have a 55 statesman country club, manual 3 spd. With overdrive. Palomino brown and snowberry white with blue white interior?, factory ac, flat 6, continental kit. What would something like that be worth completely restored to a+ quality? I mean there was only like 1400 made? And with the factory ac? 

• 1 month later...

The Collector Car Market price guide for the 4th quarter of 2016 says a Number 1 condition 55 Statesman country club hardtop would be valued at $16,900.  A number 2 car, would be about $11,000.  Personally, although I have been in the AMC hobby for about 20 years I don't know anyone who would pay that kind of money for a 50's Nash.  If you were selling, it might be best to put it through one of the big auctions or put it in the Hemmings Classifieds where a lot of high end cars get listed.  You are right about the rarity though.  The Standard Catalog of American Motors indicates that a little fewer than 1400 Statesman country club hardtops were built in 1955.  Air conditioning was pretty rare too.  Joe

If you are going to write an ad about you car perhaps you should update your engine nomenclature.  Your Nash has a "flat head" six or what used to be called an "L head", not a flat six.  A flat six is like a Porsche or a Tucker or a Subaru.  A flat six can be a flat head or an overhead valve engine.  Sometimes they are called pancake engines.  "Flat head" is important as they also used to have an "F head engine and an OHV (overhead valve) engine.

Just suggestions to help you get the best buck and make you sound knowledgeable.  By the way you have a great car there.  How about some pictures.

Flat head six engine.jpg

Flat six engine.jpg

engine type.jpg