What am I looking at? Essex or ??????

Guest HDAshmore

Guest HDAshmore

There is a frame in our field. I was told over 15 years ago that it was an Essex frame. The gentlemen passed away so I cannot ask how he knew that. I do not want to scrap it, especially if it is something special. I think there have been some farm modifications to it but otherwise it looks intact minus the welded on additions? There is a chevrolet bearing cap and a pontiac bearng cap on two of the wheels, so I am really at a loss at what I am looking at. Is this and Essex or something else?  Any help would be appreciated. I took the best pics I could for where it is sitting. I am having a horrible time getting pics to load so I created a craigslist add just to post the pics. Sorry but this is the only way I could get pics uploaded. Below is the URL.

http://ksu.craigslist.org/pts/5642589636.html

Thanks,

Dan

Since posting one gentlemen said he thought it was a chevy frame due to the 6 bolt wheels.

I have posted your question on the Hudson club's "Open Forum".  I have received one comment so far, from a fellow who is very much an expert on Essexes.  It is his opinion that this is NOT an Essex frame.  If you wish, you can "tune in" the discussion here, in order to view any subsequent remarks on the subject:  http://forum.hetclub.org/discussion/168881/help-needed-in-identifying-an-essex-frame#latest

Unfortunately this doesn't really help you, because if it's not an Essex it could be any number of other makes and years!

Edited by Jon37 (see edit history)

Guest HDAshmore

Jon37,

You nailed my dilema spot on!  Thank you for taking the time to reach out to some experts for me.  Any and all information helps identify or exclude whatever the mystery in my pature may be.  I was starting to feel like finding the answer was going to be like finding a Chupacabra or Unicorn.  This forum and people have been great.

v/r

Dan

Edited by HDAshmore
none (see edit history)