Exhaust systems

AK Buickman

I am the person looking for exhaust for my '55 Roadmaster. If you are able, please post your results with how everything fit, and the appearance, after the pipes get installed. It would be a big help to me, and other members. My first choice would be to install NOS parts, but I would use good quality reproduction parts, if necessary. Most of the exhaust system currently on my '55 was installed in 1973, so I get long life from conventional steel components. Thanks..<BR>AK Buickman

I also bought my exhaust system from Burton Waldron, but several years ago. The whole system was stainless with an alum. muffler, still on the car, a 66 Wildcat with dual exhaust. Pipes were an excellent fit, He made the tailpipe into two sections so it would be easier to install over the rear end.<BR>You were smart to have the pipes in stainless, some of our cars get very little use and sit, this is when the steel pipes rot away fast. Also an investment when and if you ever sell the car, the next owner should not have to worry about replacing the system. I can't remember what my cost was but it was very reasonable at the time.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

i read somewhere on one of these boards that someone was wondering about exhaust systems. i ordered one for my 55 buick from Waldron's Antique Exhaust Parts Inc. by Burt and Mary. i have not recieved it yet, i am supposed to get it around the end of october. as i understand they do make/form them themselves, and because they are going to hershey and other swapmeets they will not be back for a few weeks and that is why it will take a month for me to get it. but it does come with a stock muffler and the y-pipe along with the rest. they have them in regular steel, stainless and i think aluminum. they do not sell gaskets or clamps. they also said they box it all up except for the y pipe and send it out. for mine it cost 270$ including shipping, which i thought was not bad. that is in the stainless too. i have seen the stainless in kanter for 625$. i do not understand why kanter would be so much more. they are located in Nottawa, MI. the number that i used is 1-800-503-9428. has anyone else heard of them or bought from them? when i get my shipment i guess i will tell you if it was worth it. thanks. mindy.

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

AK,<BR> I bought my exhaust system from Kepich, somewhere in FL. I've had 3 systems from them so. They are reaonable in price, are shipped UPS, and the fit and finish are second to none. I would reccomend them. The workmanship is first class, and everything fits without adjusting. I'm pretty sure they advertise in the Bugle and Old Cars Newspaper.<BR> He offers both the alumized and stainless steel versions. When I asked the difference, he told me unless I was going to put my car in a museum and not drive it, I should but the regular one.<P><BR>Scott

I think this is 55 day...I also bought a sys. from Kepich and am installing it now...HEAVY steel...heavier gauge than stock. Beautiful stuff...a bit carried away on the tape from shipping from Fl. but life goes on...I paid 230. complete for mine...galvanized(it appears) muffler with clamps for muffler...Got Y pipe in and 2nd pipe...A snap thus far...I checked Waldrons before Kepich...his was a bit more $$$...like 30 or 40 as I recall...BTW, If any one ever has a hard time putting an exhaust on one of these and cars not apart...pull the rear end/torque tube....its a 20 minute job...no B.S.<P> Drop me an email all you 55/6 owners as I would love to keep up with my fellow nailhead gurus!!!<P> dlw29@hotmail.com<P> Thanks,don55<P> Also got 66,7 and 55 parts F/Sale<P>