1951 dodge

acdeegillnn

I

I restored  a 1951 Meadowbrook that has fluid drive and overdrive . I had to rewire the vehicle . I have the shop manual and used the wire diagram to get me though the positive ground system. The vehicle has power to the body and the frame? I do not know if this is normal ? I touch the test light from the - cable on the battery and it gets power? The transmission has a pull  cable for the overdrive? The cowl has a relay mounted on it next to the horn relay  that I believe goes to the overdrive  ? The transmission has the solenoid -governor-interrupter . I do not know if the overdrive   connects to any of them? I seen in the wire gram that the carburetor had a switch to control the fluid drive. But when I got the vehicle had a two way switch mounted on the engine gas pedal linkage the came on when to stepped on the gas pedal to activate the fluid drive which I do not think is original? But it must have worked . The vehicle was in a garage in Jersey city from 1973 till I brought it in 1992. I am just getting it together .I have drove it around the block and have shifted it manually but to not want to drive it any distance till I get everything on the transmission hooked up correctly . Any help from anyone with experience  in fluid drive , overdrive ,positive ground please give some advice.  

Thank you 
Gerald c Linen 

thank you 

51 dodge 004.jpg

51 dodge 007.jpg

Edited by acdeegillnn
photos (see edit history)

I almost hate to ask the question, but with aftermarket relay did you get one with an insulated case and 2 connects for coil? and are you sure that you got one that will work with 6 volts? The contacts might not care if it's 6 or 12 volts, but the coil that closes the contacts does.