Wanted Info On Back to the Bricks In Flint Michigan Or Other Regional Buick Show

Riviera63

Hi,

For the last 2 years my brother-in-law and I have attended the ROA convention. This year we are unable to make the convention and are trying to come up with another nice trip that we could take my Riviera on. I saw the article about the "Back to the Bricks" event in the February issue of the Buick Bugle. My car was built in Flint and the celebration sounded like a lot of fun packed with some great GM/Buick history. I have tried several times to get in touch with the contact person on their website. My requests for information have gone unheeded. I am wondering if anyone out there has info on the "Back to the Bricks" celebration in Flint, MI. or could point me to a source/person. I would also be open to any information about any other regional Buick event lasting 2-3 days within a reasonable driving distance from central WI.  Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

I sent out 2 more e-mails to 2 new people listed on the backtothebricks.org website. Hopefully, I will get a response. I am just looking for registration materials, places to stay, itinerary of events, etc. If you can help in any way it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

No Registration. They start lining up at 3AM Saturday morning for the main "back to the brick event". Like I say parking for buick cars is much easier and easy come and go.

But we park about a block from the Main Event. 

Buicks on the Bricks

The Buicktown Chapter of the Buick Club of America is host for the 5th annual showing of Buick automobiles on the bricks of historic Water Street.  This is where Billy Durant and his partner, J. Dallas Dort, began their work in the carriage manufacturing industry which made Flint “The Vehicle City.”  This is also where Durant first became involved with the fledgling Buick Motor Company which he later used to launch General Motors.    So walk on over to the other bricks, visit Flint’s only National Landmark, the Durant-Dort headquarters building, listen to the stories of GM’s founding fathers, be amazed by the cars that made Flint famous, and enjoy your time while here!  There is no better place to show Buicks than on the bricks of Water Street, the virtual birthplace of General Motors and the center of automotive history.

This is the same week as the famous "Woodward dream cruise" in and near Detroit.. Where folk cruise up and down Woodward Ave. Choking on each others exhaust. You could do both cruise s if you wish.

Chuck