62 Buick Special Fan Clutch

Russelld58

I have an extra NOS one available. Picked it up for my 63 skylark conv. which I hope to get back at one day.... Too many projects.

I'll dig it out tomorrow and post a picture for you

Ken

Russell

It's been a busy day but I finally had time to go dig out the fan clutch.

I'm only selling one. $150 plus shipping US$. I'm near Vancouver BC. Shipping isn't too bad from here.

Ken

P1050362 (Large).JPG

P1040656 (Large).JPG

P1040657 (Large).JPG

Can't really say. I bought these for my 63. Maybe the 62 is different. I have a used one that I pulled off a 63. Pretty sure I compared these to it. Can't find it right now to check again. It's been about 10 years since I was actively playing with my Buick.

Ken

• 2 months later...

Hey Ken, thought I'd touch base about the fan clutch. I went ahead and removed it but did not replace it. Also took out the AC compressor. Replaced fan and put a spacer in where the fan clutch used to go. Had to modify a bit for the new radiator since it is an aluminum three row instead of two. Engine running cooler than it ever has.

Also wondering if you can give me advice about rod bearings. I'm hearing a slight knock on start up. Using 50 wt and STP and that seems to have stopped some of the noise. I hear some knocking, but its intermittent. Is it just a matter of time? Best to replace the bearings now? Any advice on a vendor for rod bearings?

Thanks

Russell