Jump to content

Question: What type of packing for water pump


Recommended Posts

Graphited cord packing.  If you get Hemmings Motor News you'll find vendors who sell it in split rings like the original, or you can also just go to a plumbing supply store and buy a spool of common pump packing and form it into the cavity yourself.  I repacked mine with plumbing store graphited rope about 40 years ago, still performing without issues.  Picture below is of a 33/34 but is typical of yours.


Edited by Owen_Dyneto (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...